Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ron Paul for President????

This will be a very strange post, I expect.

I was doing some research this morning about blogging and, in my research, was urged to consider using Technorati links of some type. (Confession: I know it exists, and there are some kind of links one can utilize in one's blog. But beyond that, I am wholly uninformed at this moment.)

Anyway, I thought I should visit www.technorati.com to discover what the advice might be about.

I got to their home page and was astonished to find "ron paul" as the--the--top search today . . . above "youtube," "myspace," "jerry falwell," "paris hilton." . . .


[Technorati home page at 12:15 p.m. MST, Tuesday, May 15, 2007]


[Technorati home page at 4:45 p.m. MST, Tuesday, May 15, 2007]

"How did that happen?" I wondered to myself. I mean, I know who Ron Paul is. His campaign people have been sending me financial appeals for years. (Probably because I got on a Libertarian mailing list at one time.)

But the guy, though highly principled, is so . . . so . . . out of the limelight, isn't he?

So how and/or why is he at the top of the blogosphere?

I still haven't figured it out. But I found an amazing compilation video of his answers to the questions put to him at the last Republican candidates' presidential debate. And I'm impressed.

Can Paul pull off an upset, somehow? Or is he more valuable as a (lone) member of a (truly) "faithful opposition" to whichever party is in power?
blog comments powered by Disqus