Friday, May 29, 2009

A tool for the brain

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I have become concerned about health issues . . . including mental health. (I haven't particularly been concerned about possible "going crazy" kind of mental health, but I have been concerned about mental function and memory-related mental health.)

A couple of Christmases ago, I bought a little Sega "Brain Trainer Advance[d]" toy.

I found the screen rather difficult to use. I also found that many of the memory exercises quickly went beyond my abilities--rather frustrating! So I quit using it.

Yesterday, our health insurer/provider, Kaiser Permanente, sent me an email:



It took me a while to load the Yahoo! Widgets tool, get it set up, and then add the Kaiser Brain Teaser widget. But it's pretty cool!

Most of the exercises have to do with sequences and correlations and verbal knowledge. But this morning I was stumped by a spatial puzzle:



I'll let you noodle on it for a while. . . .

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


Stumped?

Answer below . . .

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.




Amazing stuff that's available for free online nowadays!

Get your Brain Teaser widget (including instructions) at Kaiser Permanente's widgets page.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus