Let me get this straight. We're going to be “gifted” withHmmmm. And I'm paying my taxes for this?
- a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't,
- which purportedly covers at least 10 million more people,
- without adding a single new doctor, but
- >provides for 16,000 new IRS agents,
- written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it,
- passed by
- a Congress that didn't read it, but
- exempted themselves from it, and
- signed by a president who smokes [or at least did until very recently--JAH], with
- funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes,
- for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect [well
. . .many people would question this idea; there have been several "benefits" (as a result of government mandates, not government funding) that have granted additional coverage to young adults (through age 25) and forced insurers to cover persons they would have previously refused to cover--JAH],
- by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare,
- all to be overseen by a Surgeon General who is obese [Ouch! I can't verify Trump's claim about obesity; though based on what I know of how skinny a person has to be to fall within the "normal" range on the doctors' charts, she is clearly at least "overweight" (again, according to the doctors' charts--JAH], and
- financed by a country that's broke.
Genesis 1 and 2: "Straightforward historical narrative"? - I have been following Dr. Joel Duff's Naturalis Historia blog for some time. Yesterday, he offered what I called a "concise summary of some key issues" tha...
7 months ago