Monday, March 30, 2009

Housekeeping: Please forgive me

I have been using a blog plug-in, called SezWho, that was meant to improve users' social networking abilities. Among other things, it was meant to help visitors recognize the comments of commenters respected by the community of commenters.

Well, SezWho announced early this month that they had been purchased by another company, JS-Kit.

This past week I received an urgent warning that if I wanted to get the same--and even broader--benefits, I should switch over to JS-Kit . . . which I did on Friday.

Well, JS-Kit didn't do what I intended. And it added a layer of complexity to commenting (especially long comments) that I could not countenance.

So it is gone.

Meanwhile, however, it appears I caused one commenter unnecessary aggravation and, in removing JS-Kit, have lost both his comment as well as the comment of another. I have both commenters' words, but am requesting the commenters themselves to please repost their comments. (I could do it, but then I would be identified as the commenter. And I don't think that would be right.)

If you were commenting at the moment I removed JS-Kit this morning (about 4:45 Mountain Time), I expect you, too, were inconvenienced (to put it mildly).

Please forgive me.

Thank you.
blog comments powered by Disqus